We led a great group through the park as part of Open House New York weekend.
- Community Boards 9 and 10 will be holding a public forum on the proposed safety improvements on Morningside Ave. The meeting will be held at 6:30pm on Wednesday Oct. 23 at 630 Riverside Drive (140th Street). Please review the proposal come out and make your views heard! Here is a flyer for the meeting. Please download, print and post in your neighborhood.
- Trash issue in Morningside Park after weekend parties covered in the New York Times 9/8/13
- Get up-to-date news and announcements by connecting with us on social media and signing up for our email list. We're on Twitter, Facebook and Google +. Check our Twitter feed below to see recent tweets.
- Did you know that Friends of Morningside Park meets monthly with NYPD and NYC Dept. of Parks & Recreation to help address security and maintenance concerns in the area? Do you have an issue that you'd like addressed? Let us know.
The City received jurisdiction over the 30-acres property in 1870 and began constructing the park in 1883. The original plans for the park were drawn up by renowned park designers Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux.
- Read more about the history of the park.
- Read the press release about the landmark designation or the full report.